Apply to join the team
Joining the team as a volunteer.
The team only accepts callouts from The Police and other emergency services. Therefore if you require emergency assistance dial 112 or 999.
Commitment. Commitment. Commitment!
The first question on the list we ask to budding team members is can you make the committment required?
We are called out 35 - 40 times a year, we train every wednesday night throughout the year except 2 weeks at Christmas, members are expected to support our fundraising events and you will inevitably be asked to support additional event such as Ten Tors and the Dartmoor Classic as well as occasional weekend training courses. Although we don't expect trainees/members to attend every single callout, training and fundraising event, If you can't realistically commit to attending regularly then becoming a dart2ZERO volunteer will be more suitable.
If you can meet the commitment expectation then before applying to become a trainee callout member, have a look at our blog first, which will give you a taste of what life is like being part of a search and rescue team.
We strongly suggest you join dart2ZERO (Join at Dart2Zero Volunteer) as a volunteer before applying to be a full team member. This will allow you to get a good idea of the commitment involved before applying as a trainee callout member. It also shows us you are serious about the commitment required. Being a dart2ZERO volunteer however does not give you a head start in the application process for a trainee. The trainee selection / interview process takes place once a year towards the end of October and selection is made on your performance on the day and is separate from dart2ZERO.
Once you have decided you can meet the commitment then send us an email via the form below. Don’t forget to include in your email to the team why you think you would make a good team member and a short summary of your experience including any volunteering with dart2ZERO.
Thanks for your interest.
- Trainee Xmas Bash This evening the new Trainees will be demonstrating their organisational and innovation skills by hosting the rest of the team…Written on Sunday, 14 December 2014 13:46 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3126 times
- Becky’s first few days in a search and rescue team The class of 2016 On Saturday 12th November this year Devon charity Dartmoor Search and Rescue Ashburton held its annual trainee…Written on Thursday, 17 November 2016 13:45 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3173 times
- First Experience of the fabled All Night Nav The All Night Navigation Exercise In the second post from the 2016 intake of team trainees, Dave blogs about his…Written on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 13:43 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3286 times
- What it means to earn the ‘Team Jacket’ Alan, one of the 2010 intake of trainees, recently qualified and elected in to the team as full member. Here…Written on Thursday, 26 April 2012 13:38 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3532 times
- The fabled ‘all night nav’! For all trainees, the ‘All night nav’ is a right of passage into the team and typically one of the…Written on Thursday, 20 December 2012 13:30 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3341 times
- Life as a search and rescue trainee Life as a search and rescue trainee Our blog includes various posts written by our trainees on their experiences in a search…Written on Monday, 15 April 2013 13:26 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3390 times
- Trainee selection day 2013 On Saturday October 26th we held our 2013 trainee selection day. We are often contacted by members of the public…Written on Monday, 28 October 2013 13:17 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3317 times
- When the rescued become rescuers Catherine, one of our current trainees, talks about the motivation behind her joining the team. My motivation for joining the…Written on Saturday, 15 February 2014 13:15 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3316 times
- Would you like to join the team? The opportunity to apply to become a Trainee Candidate within Dartmoor SRT Ashburton for this year has closed. To be…Written on Friday, 26 September 2014 13:12 in Trainee Blog Be the first to comment! Read 3053 times
Team Member Application
If you would like to be considered for the 2019 intake please fill in the form below. The closing date for the 2019 intake is the 30th September 2019